This is the most complete varnish removal and prevention system on the market. It removes oxidation by-products and prevents varnish formation during the cooldown.
Varnish is a common problem for a wide range of hydraulic fluids and lubricants, especially in turbine and plastic injection molding applications. It results in valve sticking, shorter fluid life, shorter filter life and unscheduled downtime.
The formation of varnish begins with oxidation of the fluid. Wear particles and moisture generate oxidation. Those factors will react with hydraulic fluid resulting in degradation and rising Total Acid Number (TAN).
The Varnish Removal System combines highly efficient varnish removal and oil quality monitoring in one modular system.
The filter unit acts as a kidney loop, continuously circulating fluid through the filter media. In addition an Oil Quality Sensor can be used to monitor oil degradation. The Varnish Removal System can be configurated for applications with fluid volumes up to 36,000 liters (9,500 gallons).
The Long Fiber Cellulose / PP cartridges are specially designed for the removal of varnish byproducts which are dissolved in the fluid. These cartridges adsorb polar acids by means of special compacted fibers which create an intricate internal flow path. Unlike other technologies, the cartridges do not add water to the fluid. They actually remove water and other solid contaminants.
- Removes soluble and insoluble varnish contaminants
- Prolongs oil health by reducing additive consumption
- Reduces and prevents servo valve sticking
- Efficiently cleans without adding water or other by-products to the system
- Nominal Flow: 1 l/min (0.26 GPM) per cartridge
- By-pass Opening Pressure: 5 bar (72.5 psi)
- Pump Safety Valve: 15 bar (217 psi)
- Fluid Temperature: 20° - 80° C (68° - 176° F)
- Power Supply: See ordering code
- Inlet Connection: Depending on the pump, contact a Des-Case or RMF representative
- Outlet Connection: 1/2’’ BSPP female
- System Seal: FPM (Viton)
- Fluid Compatibility: Mineral oil, synthetic ester, phosphate esters (for other fluids, please contact us)
- Dimensions: Unit dependent, contact a Des-Case or RMF representative
- Weight: Unit dependent, contact a Des-Case or RMF representative
- Cartridge Material: Long Fiber Cellulose / Polypropylene
- Apparent Dirt Holding Capacity: 1,955 g (4.3 lb)
- Water Absorption: 2.6 liters (0.69 gal)
Download RMF Systems Varnish Removal System Datasheet
Call us today at (855) 737-4717
to learn more, or fill out our online form
and someone will get back to you.