Nelson™ XLT Series self-regulating heat trace cable is ideal for maintaining flow over a wide range of operating temperatures. The product is used for freeze protection of periodically steam (420 psig) cleaned pipes and temperature maintenance for 150 °C (300 °F) or lower processes. XLT Series heating cables are available in 120 and 240 voltages and are designed for use in ordinary (unclassified) and hazardous (classified) locations. Typical applications include hydrocarbon and chemical product piping.
XLT Self-Regulating Heater Cable Description
- Nelson Type XLT self-regulating heater cable is a parallel circuit electric heater strip.
- A conductive fluoropolymer core material is extruded over the multi-stranded, nickel-plated, 14-gauge copper bus wires.
- A fluoropolymer jacket provides excellent dielectric strength, moisture resistance, protection from impact and abrasion damage, and a wide range of chemical resistance.
- A stranded tinned copper metal braid is supplied on all heaters.
- An optional fluoropolymer over jacket can be specified when the heater cable is to be installed in wet or corrosive environments.
- The base product is supplied with a tinned copper metal braid that may be used in both general applications and in dry, noncorrosive hazardous (classified) areas.
XLT Self-Regulating Heater Cable Application
- Nelson Type XLT self-regulating heater cable is ideal for maintaining flow over a wide range of operating temperatures.
- The product is used for freeze protection of periodically steam (420 psig) cleaned pipes and temperature maintenance for 150°C (300°F) or lower processes.
- Typical applications include hydrocarbon and chemical product piping.
Download Nelson™ Heat Trace XLT Series Self-Regulating Heater Cable Datasheet
Fill out our heat trace application form and we will have one of our process heating experts contact you, or call (855) 737-4718 to speak to one of our experts immediately