Backer Marathon band heaters are computer designed and manufactured to your specifications. Only the highest quality materials are used for optimal performance. Our stock band heater inventory is constantly growing. We stock a wide variety of heaters right on the shelf that are available for same day shipping. We also offer a three-day expedited service on custom designs and there is never a minimum order requirement.
While Backer Marathon band heaters are commonly used in the plastic industry, they are also used in applications up to 1000°F. Termination options include leads, stainless steel braid, and post terminals. Clamping options are available for all mounting requirements. Special construction options include two-piece construction, expandable construction, cutouts, and others.
Backer Marathon band heaters are computer designed and manufactured to your specifications. Only the highest quality materials are used for optimal performance.
- High temperature oxidation resistant metal sheath.
- Highest grade mica insulation provides excellent electrical insulation at high temperatures and is resistant to moisture.
- Clamping band is low thermal expansion stainless steel construction designed to main clamping pressure at elevated temperatures.
- Nickel/Chromium resistance wire evenly wound for uniform heat distribution and accuracy.
- Standard 10" fiberglass lead wires are UL rated and provide protection up to 850°F.
- Approximately 1/8" thick.
- 1 Phase and 3 Phase options available
- Dual Voltage
- Two piece construction is available for easy installation and removal.
- Please specify total wattage when ordering.
- Only available on heaters over 3” in diameter.
- Terminal boxes are excellent for preventing electrical shock or shorts.
- Terminals boxes are available on any clamping or construction style.
- 1.5" wide x 2.25" long x 1.87" deep.
Custom Holes and Cutouts
- Band heaters can be manufactured with custom holes and cutouts for thermocouples or special mounting needs.
- Please supply a drawing or sketch for exact hole locations.
- Specify location in terms of degrees and size of hole.
- Minimum of 1/2" is required from the hole to the edge of the heater.
- Expandable Mica Heaters allow you to open the heaters to the diameters of the barrel for easy installation.
- Heaters should only be opened all the way one time.
- Only available on heaters 3" diameter and larger.
- Internal Type J or Type K thermocouples are available for close temperature monitoring.
- Ground lead or terminal is available on any design.
Download the MICA Band Heater Datasheet
Fill out our band heater application form
and we will have one of our process heating experts contact you, or call(855) 737-4718
to speak to one of our experts immediately.