Parker Autoclave's RVS Series relief valves are designed with a soft seat design for reliable venting of gases at set pressures from 1500 psi (103 bar) to 20000 psi (1378 bar). The operating temperature range is 32°F (0°C) to 400°F (204°C). The soft seat design provides bubble tight sealing, repeatable pop-off, and reseat. Additionally, soft seat valves provide a higher cycle life than metal seat relief valves.
These precision relief valves are designed for pressure gas systems, where zero leakage is critical. They are not recommended for liquid nitrogen or liquid carbon dioxide, which produce gas at cryogenic temperatures upon relief. They are designed to open proportionally to increasing pressure. Therefore, they are not recommended for applications requiring immediate full valve flow at set pressure (such as decompositions, polymerizations, etc.). Full flow of relief valve is defined at 10% over set pressure.
Options: Autoclave Engineers can supply various inlet and outlet connections on special order.
1. Parker Autoclave relief valves are preset and factory sealed. Warranty is voided if seal is broken by customer.
2. Maximum system operating pressure should not exceed 90% of relief valve set pressure. Operating pressures in excess of this may cause weepage resulting in damage to the plug and seat.
Soft Seat RVS Series Relief Valves Benefits:
- Standard models of Relief Valves are constructed of 316 stainless steel with selected components
- Made of anti-galling stainless steel material for optimum economy and ruggedness.
- Designed with 9/16” Parker Autoclave Engineers Medium Pressure inlet connections. The outlet connection on all models is a female 3/4” NPT. While adapters to other sizes and connection types are available, they must be sized for specific flow requirements.
- Orifice diameters range from .062 (1.57mm) to .312” (7.92mm).
- Designed to open as a function of increasing system pressure. Proper spring selection assures repeatability of opening, full lift and flow, and reseat pressures.
- Materials engineering and stringent quality control procedures combine to assure the highest quality, reliability and service life. Each valve is preset and factory sealed to ensure proper valve operation.
- Unique seat construction plus over-the-nozzle guiding and proper selection of materials permits standard set pressures to 75,000 psi. (5171 bar)
- Designed to provide bubble tight shut off of gases.
- Engineered to perform with fewer basic components, RVS valves facilitate minimum stocking of spare parts and ease of maintenance.
- Available with CE Mark. SOG option available upon request.
Soft Seat RVS Series Relief Valves Applications:
- Pressure Gas Systems
- Cryogenic systems
- Steam Handling Systems
- Medium Pressure Fluid Handling Systems
- Oil and Gas
Download Soft Seat RVS Series Relief Valves Autoclave Engineers® Datasheet
Contact us at (855) 737-4714
to learn more, or fill out our online form