Sharpe® Valves polymer-seated, flanged ball valves provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of applications.
Series 54 Standard Port Uni-Body Flanged Ball Valves Design Features:
- ASME B16.34 Design: Standard port, Uni-body design meets all the requirements of ASME B16.34 for Class 150 ball valves.
- Blow-Out Proof Stem: The internal entry stem is machined with a heavy shoulder to prevent blowout.
- Anti-Static Configuration: Anti-static devices are included at two points on the valve stem to provide continuous ball-to-stem and stem-to-body grounding, to prevent build-up of static charge in the valve.
- Live-Loaded Stem Seals: Stem seals are live-loaded using Belleville washers to provide consistent sealing forces, reducing or eliminating the need for frequent seal adjustment.
- Fully Encapsulated Body Seals: Provides consistent and controlled loading of the body seal compression through a full metal-to-metal contact joint design, eliminating seal extrusion and potential body joint leakage.
- Integral Mounting Pad: Ideal for actuation, ISO 5211 mounting dimensions simplify fit and alignment between valve, bracketry, and actuator. Permits easy field conversion from manual operation to actuation.
- Lockable Handle: Sharpe Series 54 ball valves are supplied with lever handles designed to permit locking the valve in either the open or closed position. Sizes through 21/2" are supplied with a latch engaged at open and closed positions to prevent inadvertent operation. Larger sizes have a lockable pipe handle.
- Slotted Seat Design: Relief slots are provided at the perimeter of the seats to equalize pressure in the body cavity with the upstream line when the valve is closed, preventing upstream seat extrusion and enhancing downstream seating performance.
- Seats and Seals: Available with TFM (1 1/2" - 4") and RTFE (6" and 8") seats. Stem packing and body seals are PTFE.
- Floating Ball Design: Precision engineered and machined solid stainless steel ball with relief hole in the stem slot prevents build-up of cavity pressure while the valve is in the open position.
- Material Traceability: Body and end piece casting are marked with the heat codes providing traceability to the chemical analysis and material test reports performed at the foundry. CMTR’s (Certified Material Test Reports) are available upon request.
Download Sharpe® Series 54 Standard Port Uni Body Flanged Ball Valves Datasheet
Talk to one of our process control experts today at (855) 737-4714
, or fill out our online form
to learn more.