Parker's PM-DD servo motor is designed to provide high torque and high accuracy. Tapped mounting holes and a hollow through bore allow this motor to be used in a variety of applications that require the load to be attached directly to the motor. By eliminating the use of couplings or belts, the load can be driven in a smooth, nearly frictionless motion with no backlash.
- Winding - Optimized winding structure...provides high performance in a compact package
- Encoder - For accurate control, the PM-DD is equipped with 20 bit absolute feedback with BISS-C communication as standard. This allows accuracy of +- 30 arc sec. with repeatability of +- 1.3 arc sec.
- Frame - The PM-DD is made in five frame sizes - 135mm/175mm/230mm/ 290mm/360mm. 13 models provide power options that can meet a wide variety of application requirements Rated speed: 200 RPM/150 RPM Rated torque: 3 Nm to 160 Nm
- Magnet - High torque density by using highest class rated Neodymium permanent magnet.
- Bearing - Low vibration and outstanding mechanical accuracy by improved bearing design. Load carrying capabilities extend to 15,000N.
PM-DD motors are a perfect match with the P Series Servo Drives. The absolute encoders in the motor populate motor nameplate data back to the drives for simplified commissioning. Accurate and easy to use inertia detection leads to fast set-up of tuning parameters and minimal settling time.
Multiple Control Options
The pulse version of the drive can be configured for step and direction control input and includes analog inputs for torque or velocity control. Select indexer mode to create up to 64 position table entries triggered via inputs or over a RS422 interface.
For high speed, real-time network applications, the P-Series is available with EtherCAT, the fastest growing, most flexible industrial Ethernet protocol. Ideal for use with the Parker Automation Controller, the P-Series also follows the open standards for EtherCAT.PM-DD series standard features include:
- 13 models covering 5 frame sizes of 135, 175, 230, 290, and 360mm
- Rated torque from 3 to 160 Nm
- Rated speed of 150 and 200 RPM
- Accuracy of +- 30 arc sec., repeatability of +- 1.3 arc sec.
- 20 bit, BiSS-C, absolute encoder
- CE (EMC & LVD) compliant
The PM-DD is a great choice for robotic, indexing table, and inspection equipment applications. Overall position capabilities support it being mounted to Parker linear products to provide multi-axis solutions for a number of high tech industries such as life science, semiconductor, and electronics manufacturing.
Call us today at (855) 737-4716 to learn more, or fill out our online form and someone will get back to you.