4 Axis 256 micro stepping Driver + Controller measuring only 2.25" x 2.25" x 1.0!
AllMotion's EZQUAD HR Stepper was designed to allow the rapid implementation of multi axis stepper motor solutions in products requiring automation and encoder feedback.
Measuring only 2.25" x 2.25" X 1.0" (57mm x 57mm X 25mm), the fully intelligent stepper motor Controller + Drivers runs 4 fully independent stepper motors (see wiring diagram). Operating from a 10V to 40V supply the controller regulates to any motor voltage via software command. (Eg 6V motor can be run with 24V supply). Commands can be issued from any serial terminal program (such as HyperTerminal) or from the EZStepper Windows application.
The EZQuad HR Stepper will drive 4 motors at 1 Amps each with a setting of move current m=50 %. However with careful selection of motors and/or improved cooling and/or low move time duty cycle it is possible to run motors at 2 Amps at m=100%. See Command Set for details.
The Commands are intuitive and simple. For example, the command A10000 will move the stepper motor to Absolute position 10000. (This communications protocol is compatible with devices that use the Cavro DT or OEM protocol.)
The EZQuad HR Stepper is also capable of stand-alone operation with no connection to a PC. It can be set to execute a preset string of commands upon power up (i.e., only power is required in this mode). The Commands include nested loops and execution halt pending a switch closure, which is useful in stand-alone applications.
The EZQuad HR Stepper Motor Controller will typically work with any motor that is 3" or smaller (size 23 or smaller). Our Starter Kits enable a first time user to make Stepper Motors move intelligently in less than half an hour.
EZQUAD HR Stepper Features:
- Full featured 4 Axis position controller with power drivers
- Fully programmable acceleration ramps and speeds
- Four independent 2 Amp 256 Micro Stepping Drives
- 6 Quadrature Encoder inputs
- Operates from 10V to 40V
- RS232, RS485, USB or CAN BUS based Communications
- Direct USB, 485 and CAN BUS connection built in
- On Board EEPROM For User Program storage
- Stand alone operation with no connection to a PC
- Execution Halt/Branch pending switch closure
- Pre-wired for OptoSwitch and Limit inputs (see wiring diagram)
- Industry standard communications protocol
- Homes to an Opto or Switch closure with a single command
- 16 Analog Inputs and 16 Power On/Off Drivers included
- Switch selectable address
- Independent Parameters for all Axes (Acceleration, Velocity, Currents etc)
- Branch Halt on ADC Value
- Daisy-Chainable with other Allmotion Products on a Single 4 wire bus
Download EZQUAD HR Stepper Motor Controller/Driver Datasheet
Talk to one of our automation experts today at (855) 737-4716, or fill out our online form to learn more.