High Resolution Stepper Motor Driver Controller with Encoder
AllMotion's EZStepper was designed to allow the rapid implementation of stepper motor solutions in products requiring automation.
Measuring only 1.6" x 1.6" (40mm x 40mm), the fully intelligent stepper motor Controller + Drivers are designed to be bolted onto the back of the stepper motors that they control. A single 4 wire bus, containing 2 power wires and two communications wires, links up to 16 such stepper motor controllers in a daisy chain. Commands can be issued from any serial terminal program (such as HyperTerminal) or from the EZStepper Windows application.
The Commands are intuitive and simple. For example, the command A10000 will move the stepper motor to Absolute position 10000. (This communications protocol is compatible with devices that use the Cavro DT or OEM protocol.)
The EZStepper is also capable of stand-alone operation with no connection to a PC. It can be set to execute a preset string of commands upon power up (i.e., only power is required in this mode). The Commands include nested loops and execution halt pending a switch closure, which is useful in stand-alone applications.
The EZHR17EN Stepper Motor Controller will work with any stepper motor that is 3" or smaller (size23 or smaller). Our Starter Kits enable a first time user to make a Stepper Motor move intelligently in less than half an hour.
EZHR17EN Stepper Motor Driver Controller Features:
- Single 4 wire bus linking up to 16 stepper motor controllers
- 2 Amp Chopper (PWM) Driver
- Dual Encoders, position maintain mode
- Selectable step resolution from 1/2 to 1/256th step
- Up to 20 Million Microsteps / second
- Operates from 12V to 40V
- RS232, RS485 or USB based Communications
- On Board EEPROM For User Program storage
- Stand alone operation with no connection to a PC
- Execution Halt/Branch pending switch closure
- Pre-wired for OptoSwitch inputs (see wiring diagram)
- Fits on the back of a size 17 stepper motor
- Industry standard communications protocol
- Homes to an Opto or Switch closure with a single command
- Fully programmable ramps and speeds
- Four Digital I/O and two 1 Amp Power On/Off Drivers included
- Switch selectable address
- Software selectable "Move" and "Hold" currents
- Hold Current automatically selected upon move completion
- Optional Second Stepper on Miniature Daughter card
- Optional Bidirectional DC Driver on Miniature Daughter Card
- 4 ADC Inputs, Branch Halt on ADC Value
- RoHS compliant
Download EZHR17EN Stepper Motor Driver Controller Datasheet
Talk to one of our automation experts today at (855) 737-4716
, or fill out our online form
to learn more.