FLD-FBS is an intrinsically safe high-performance monitoring module designed for detecting leaks of refined products or crude oils in extreme environmental conditions. The device is engineered for outdoor installation in challenging environmental conditions. The measurement frontend is designed for interfacing with reusable, fully passive hydrocarbon sensor cables and sensing probes manufactured by Naftosense.
The multiplexed architecture of the acquisition module allows up to 8 individual sensor sections not exceeding 82 ft (25 m) per FLD-FBS.
Advanced measurement techniques and data treatment algorithms are used to provide intelligent thresholding for eliminating the nuisance alarms due to the presence of motor/lube oils, greases, residues of old leaks, etc.
This monitoring module is controlled through the Naftosense ERBUS proprietary field bus allowing reliable communication over distances exceeding 6.2 Miles (10 km). ERBUS provides also provides low voltage power supply to each FLD-FBS from a single multiplexed lead wire attached to a FLD-TSP7 or FLD-SMP-MB.
FLD-FBS is approved for installation in classified locations according to FM, Atex, IECEx and other North American approvals. Designed only to be used with all Naftosense sensors and FLD-TSP7 and FLD-SMP-MB controllers.
Naftosense FLD-FBS Monitoring Module Features
- Detects reliably viscous hydrocarbons at very low temperatures
- True multi-leak capability
- Real-time transmission of sensor contamination
- Intelligent thresholding with adjustable sensitivity
- Low power consumption for reliable remote monitoring over long distances
- Very wide operating temperatures range
- Able to detect the vapors diffused in the soil after spill from underground pipes
- 10-year warranty
Naftosense FLD-FBS Monitoring Module Applications
- Leak detection in Oil & Gas facilities
- Detection of leaking fuel from airport hydrant systems, military, custody transfer generators and plumbing in demanding environments installations in harsh outdoor, demanding environmental conditions
- Leak detection in refineries, tank farms, mainline pipe sections, or repair sites
- Leak detection in commercial buildings, downstream and fuel retail facilities
Naftosense FLD-FBS Monitoring Module Approvals
Approved for use in:
- In the US: Intrinsically safe - Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia IIC
- Atex: Intrinsically safe – II 1 G, Ex ia IIC Gb T4
- IECEx: Intrinsically safe – Ex ia IIC Gb T4
- Tested by FM Approvals for compliance as per FM Class 3610
Download Naftosense FLD-FBS Monitoring Module Datasheet
Talk to one of our automation experts today at (855) 737-4718
, or fill out our online form
to learn more.