The engineers at Backer Marathon have developed a cartridge heater that exceeds the performance and durability of others in the industry.
Through refinements in the swaging process, specially designed cores, careful selection of magnesium oxide fill, nickel chromium resistance wire, stainless steel tubing, and carefully controlled production processes, HotRods routinely outperform other cartridge heaters in difficult applications.
HotRods are available in a wide variety of diameters and configurations. Choose from our 14,000+ stock heaters for immediate delivery or let the engineers at Backer Marathon design a unique heater for your special application. Standard manufacturing times are normally less than 2 weeks.
- High Temperature Lead Wires for temperatures up to 550° C.
- High Impact Ceramic Cap retards contamination and is suitable for high vibration applications. Deep holes in cap prevent fraying of leads when bent.
- Nickel-Chromium Resistance Wire for maximum heater life, evenly wound for even heat distribution.
- High Purity Magnesium Oxide fill selected for maximum dielectric strength and thermal conductivity, highly compacted for maximum heat transfer.
- 304 Stainless Steel Sheath for oxidation resistance in a wide variety of environments. 316 Stainless Steel and Incoloy® are also available. Please consult the Sheath Suitability Chart to determine which material is best for your application.
- TIG Welded End Disc to prevent contamination and moisture absorption.
Download Backer Marathon HotRod Cartridge Heater Brochure
Fill out our cartridge heating application form
and we will have one of our process heating experts contact you, or call (855) 737-4718
to speak to one of our experts immediately.