The FLD-PHD is a high-performance passive hydrocarbon detector designed specifically for installation outdoor in challenging environments. This sensor cable is used to detect the unwanted presence of non-conductive hydrocarbon fluids. The detected fluids are primarily crude oils, refined products, solvents, and their vapors. The FLD-PHD sensor cable is offered as stand-alone sensor connected in factory with 10 ft (3 m) direct-burial/UV-resistant leader cable. On request, the length of the leader cable can be extended up to 1000 ft (300 m).
The sensor is specially engineered for reliable operation at very low temperatures and is suitable for polar applications. It is fully sealed and not affected by permanent immersion in water, year after year. The length of the sensing section is limited to 50 ft (15 m). The semi-conductive sensor material is extremely durable and can withstand exposure to temperatures in excess of 212°F (100°C). The sensor cable is fully passive, anti-termite and anti-rodent and can be used in sealed/buried applications.
When used for applications in hazardous areas, the sensor cable will be wired to an intrinsically-safe sensor box, or alternatively through a Zener barrier to a sensor module installed in the safe zone. Please contact Naftosense for additional information.
Naftosense FLD-PHD Hydrocarbon Sensor Cable Features
- Detects reliably heavy crude oil and refined products at very low temperatures
- Reusable after contamination
- Fully passive construction
- Insensitive to vibrations, methane, water
- Very wide operating temperatures range
- Able to detect quickly fumes/vapors diffused in the soil or above ground
- 10-year warranty
Naftosense FLD-PHD Hydrocarbon Sensor Cable Applications
- Remote Oil & Gas facilities
- Leak detection in valve vaults within refineries, tank farms, etc.
- Monitoring of oil-filled power transformers, lube oil storage tanks, etc.
- Leak detection in downstream and fuel retail facilities (turrets)
Naftosense FLD-PHD Hydrocarbon Sensor Cable Approvals
Approved for use in:
- In the US: Intrinsically safe - Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia IIC
- Atex: Intrinsically safe – II 1 G, Ex ia IIC Gb T4
- IECEx: Intrinsically safe – Ex ia IIC Gb T4
- All testing and analysis conducted on raw cable FLD-HSC. FLD-PHD is constituted of FLD-HSC sensor cable, and a custom length of an industrial-rated lead cable.
Download Naftosense FLD-PHD Hydrocarbon Sensor Cable Datasheet
Talk to one of our automation experts today at (855) 737-4718
, or fill out our online form
to learn more.